Padmasri Dr. Yella Venkateswara Rao
As a World record Holder Dr. Yella Venkateswara Rao name has been entered into the Guinness Book of Records for continuously playing the Mridangam for 36 hours playing a Mridangam Maha Yagnam organized by the Department of Cultural Affairs, Government of Andhra pradesh at sankar Mutt, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh on 16th August, 1981 started at 5.00 PM on 16th August 1981 continued until 7 pm of 17th August, 1981.
Has more than 15,000 Reginal, National and International performances to his credit.
Also performed several times in All-India Radio (beginning in 1954) and Doordarshan (from 1965).
Recently felicitated by the Government of India as "PADMASRI".
- President's Award - President's Award in AIR Music Competitions - All India - Frist Prize in 1961. Award presented by Dr. Sarvepally Radhakrishna, the then President of India
- AIR Annual award for Nava Mridangam Sammelanam, an Innovative feature held in 1979 at Delhi.
- Honored by Hon'ble Prime Minister, Sri P.V. Narasimha rao in 1996
- Honored Ganna Bothula Pedda Tatha, Sathavasantha vedukalu, Bhimavaram, AP
- Honored with Best Visita Puraskar Award by Hon'ble Chief Minister of AP Sri N. Chandrababu Naidu
- Vishala Bharathi Gaurav Satkar by the Delhi Telugu Academy (2007)
- Hoso Bonka Award for Sivathandavam, a play creted, directed and produced by me about Lord Shiva and presented at the International Radio Music competitions held in Indonesia in 1979, where in 79 Nations participated and India won the award.
- Acharya Award conferred by the Telugu Association, Houston, Texas, USA in the year 1985
- Honorary Citizenship presented and conferred by Mayor of City of Temple, Texas, USA
- Honored with Gold Medal at Rome in 1981 International world Music Festival.
- Life time Achievement Award from North America, Chicago, Telugu Associan Dubai, Telugu Associan Japan, Andhra Mahasabha New Delhi.
- Silicon Andhra "Laya Bharathi Award", California, USA
......................And many more to Pen
- Asthana Vidwan, Government of Andhra Pradesh from 1981 to 1985
- Asthana Vidwan of the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams, Yadagiri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple, Srikalahasthi Temple in Andhra Pradesh since 1977
- Member, Sangeone Cultural Centre, Government of India, New Delhi from 1988 to 1993
- Member South Zone Cultural center, Govt of India, Tanzore, Tamilnadu and Culture Centre, Govt of AP, Srisailam.
- Life Time Asthana Vidwan, Datta Peetam of Sri Ganapathi Sachindananda Swamiji, Mysore since 1993.
- Member of South Central Zone Culture Center, Govt of India, Nagpur
- Life Member Thagaraja Festival Committee, Tiruvayur, Tamilnadu
- Member International Film Festival committee during 1986 in Hyderabad AP
- Member Board for Degree and Diploma Courses, Govt of AP
- Member syllabus committee Technical Education, Govt of AP
- Member, erstwhile Sangeetha Academy, Hyderabad, AP
- Syndicate member, Potti Sreeramulu Telugu University, Hyderabad, AP
- Chairman, Board of Studies, Potti Sreeramulu Telugu University, Hyderabad, AP
- Chairman, Board of Studies, Sri Ventateswara University, Tirupathi, AP
- Chairman, Board of Studies, Govt of College of Music and Dance, AP
- Senate Member Univeristy of Madras, Tamilnadu, Chennai
- Vesiting Professor, BHU - Benars Hindu University, Varanasi
- As a Dean, Conducted various seminars and workshops in various music faculties at school of Fine Arts, Potti Sreeramulu Telugu University, Hyderabad, AP
- As a Director, conducted workshops for various department for many times in classical music, Theatre, Dance and Fine Arts
- Conducted Seminars on Theatre, Folk Arts, Music, Dance at National as well as State Level Financed by UGD
- Conducted work shop of National level Refreshing courses, twice in Indian Music
- Coordinator Kuchipudi Sidhendra Kala Kshetram Institute facility of Dance and raised fund of nearly One Crore Rupees for the purpose of construction of the building.
- Coordinator Nation Seminar, Classical Music Janapriya Gaana Sabha
- Started giving public performance at the age of seven years as child prodigy.
- Played along with and accompanied top notch stalwarts, musicians and maestros in Indian Music as well as Carnatic/hindustani music concerts and grand performance in India and aborad viz.,
- Also accompanied Pandit Amajad Ali Khan, Harisprasad Chourasia, Pandit V.G. Jog, Pandit Ramnarayana, Pandit Bhimsen Joshi, Allarkha Santha Prasad, Pandit Kishen Maharaj, Ustad Zakir Hussain, Pagal Das, Ustad Dawood Khan and many others.
|: 040 - 23001830
|: Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies,
Vindhya C4, Ground Floor,
Campus of IIIT-H, Gachibowli,
Hyderabad -500 032.
|: 040 - 24015556
|: House No : 4-9-120/23, Road No - 9,
Hyderabad -500 064.