Regulations for granting withdrawal on Medical grounds and taking Re-admission
(Approved in XVII GC meeting held on 8-1-2011)
The following are the regulations approved for granting withdrawal on Medical grounds and taking Re-admission from the academic year 2011-12 onwards.
- A student can be granted medical leave and continue his/her studies for an absence of less than 30 days at a stretch but not exceeding 60days in an academic year
- 2. A student may be permitted to withdraw temporarily for a period of one semester or more from the university on the grounds of prolonged illness or acute problem in the family which compelled him/her to stay at home, provided
- He/she applies to the University within 15 days of the commencement of the semester or from the date he/she last attended his/her classes whichever is later, stating fully the reasons for such withdrawal together with supporting documents and endorsement of the father/guardian
- The Institute is satisfied that, inclusive of the period of withdrawal, the student is likely to complete his requirements for the degree within the time limits (6 years for the 4 year B.Tech part)
- The student submits an undertaking by the student and parent that absence was not taken place for undergoing any coaching for any entrance test or joining elsewhere
- A student who is granted medical withdrawal shall go for re-admission in to the same semester along with the subsequent year students
- A student will be granted only one such temporary withdrawal during his/her tenure as a student of the Institute
- Re-admitted candidates shall pay their mess charges for the already spent period in the discontinued semester or long absent on medical grounds
- 30% of minimum attendance is necessary to be put in for seeking re-admission in the first semester of next year on genuine grounds
- The long absence cases on medical grounds should be recommended by a medical board under the chairmanship of the Dean (academic)
- Students shall seek prior permission for granting withdrawl on medical grounds and taking readmission in the same semester from which discontinued along with subsequent year students.